Monday, August 8, 2011

French Baguette with Garlic Spread

I made Garlic bread with chicken soup for lunch!


I prefer fresh garlic spreads rather than store-bought ones.. here are the steps to make your own! ^_^

Things you need:
4-5 cloves of Garlic 
5 slices of french baguette (ratio of baguette and garlic is about 1:1 depending on your preference and size of garlic)
2 teaspoons butter (about 15g)

Steps:
1. Chop up your garlic into as small as it can be.
2. Pour butter and chopped garlic into a small bowl.
3. Mash garlic and butter into a spread for about 1 minute.
4. Spread the garlic spread onto a side your baguette slices and lay them garlic-side-up onto a non-stick frying pan.
5. Toast them for about 5 minutes in low-medium heat or until the bread is crispy. (I like mine to be a little softer than croutons)
6. Serve them with cream of chicken/mushroom soup or just eat them alone as snacks.


1 comment:

Valerie Chua said...

wow! looks yummy! Me want!! :)